A number of people have asked me recently about the progress of the design work for the new Jersey Meadow Golf Course Convention Center. We’re far enough along in the process that I think it’s safe to begin showing some of the draft design work.
We had a number of goals for this design:
- The convention center should have a look and feel that matches the character of our community and conveys the quality of the experience and service provided by our golf course staff.
- The building should be able to generate revenues from non-golf events, such as conventions, business meetings, holiday parties, and wedding receptions.
- The design should allow the golf course to generate additional revenues by hosting more tournaments and providing adequate space based on feedback received from potential tournament hosts.
- The facility should be able to accommodate a variety of needs of our residents, including community organization meetings, family friendly events, birthday parties, sporting event viewing parties, etc.
- The commercial kitchen should be adequate to allow a variety of food and drink service options for the bar and grill, the event spaces and for golfers out on the course.
- The quality of the materials and design should allow the building to continue to serve the needs of our city for many years.
- The cost of design and construction should be budgeted with a clear plan for reimbursement of the general fund using a combination of revenues generated from the building and hotel occupancy tax funds.
I believe that we have achieved that goal in this design. This building will put the golf course in a position to remain consistently profitable for the foreseeable future.
Our architecture firm, PGAL, is putting finishing touches on the design with the goal to have it presented to city council for final approval at our regular meeting on Monday, February 18, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
Do you have questions or comments about the proposed design? Contact me!